The purpose of the RehabiMed Association is to promote rehabilitation of the existing building stock and sustainable development in Europe and Mediterranean.
To achieve its purposes, RehabiMed carries out projects and activities that enable the following :
- To stimulate research and training on rehabilitation, sustainability and enhanced value of the maintenance of the current building stock through a network of International experts.
- To broadcast a working multidisciplinary methodology for the rehabilitation and maintenance of buildings, with respect to legislation, management and building techniques.
- To create synergies between all the parties involved in the process of rehabilitation, revitalisation and sustainable urbanism.
- To increase the management capacity of local and regional authorities in sustainable urban rehabilitation.
- To contribute to the improvement of the living conditions of a wide range of the population by the rehabilitation and renewal of their accommodations.
- To provide technical assistance for developing NGOs in their activities connected to the renewal of the building stock.
- To encourage: the inventory of, the evaluation of, and subsequent revitalisation of places of historic interest; and the sustainable rehabilitation of buildings.
- To enhance mutual understanding and dialogue between cultures, generations and genders by the preservation of common historical and cultural architectural heritage identity.
- To stimulate awareness on behalf of the general population about the importance of safeguarding the architectural heritage as a factor of sustainable development.